Posts with numbers and a short direct title tend to get better open rates. Usually it’s a number between 3 and 9. This one had 11 and for good reason. The original post is for “Moguls in Training” and the 11 rules are a good guideline for what to focus on while developing your own company, start-up, business or personal pursuits…
- On Leadership: Give a damn
- On Product Development: Solve a huge problem at the point of greatest pain
- On Customer service: Give a public damn
- On Employee Management: See rule 1 & be ruthlessly honest
- On Marketing: See rules 1 & 2, then show, don’t tell
- On Advertising: The more you need it, the more your product sucks
- On PR: See rules 1 & 2, then light a match. If a fire doesn’t catch, do rule 2 better
For 8-11, check out the source of this great summary and rules at the Jonathan Fields blog. And remember, Mcintosh is a type of apple, so is Gala…
8. On Operations: … 9. On Sales: … 10. On Success: … 11. On Life: …
Also, be sure to check out the comments on his post. Some good insight there as well, including:
On Value: Would you buy it? If they didn’t pay you to like it?
On Clarity: Ask your mom if she “gets it.” If not, keep writing/ designing/ prototyping.
On the Experience: Walk it like you’ve never been there before. Then do it again three months later. Repeat…